Skin and ear diseases are common in dogs and cats. Our dermatologist has the experience and training to help pets and pet owners deal with skin diseases such skin allergies, diseases, and infections to restore your pet’s skin and fur and relieve irritating symptoms.
Skin conditions affecting your pet may include:
- Allergies to seasonal pollen
- Allergies to flea bites (flea dermatitis)
- Allergies to parasites (lice, mites)
- Commercial pet food allergies (containing wheat, corn, fillers)
- Bacterial infections such as staphylococcus bacteria
- Ringworm or other fungal infections
- Ear infections with bacteria or yeast
- Metabolic or immune-mediated disorders (hyperthyroidism, liver disease, diabetes)
- Systemic infections (bacteremia, septicemia)
If your pet is itching and scratching excessively or has hair loss, please give us call to schedule an appointment with our dermatologist.